Having looked through the Museum’s Visitors’ Book, some interesting figures and comments have been extracted. The figures need to be taken with a pinch of salt as not every visitor signs the book and sometimes only one member of a family signs, but it will hopefully give a reasonably accurate idea, particularly of our overseas visitor numbers.
We had 5318 visitors in all – a wonderful total – with many British visitors from all over the United Kingdom, and a great many Cornish visitors too. One St Agnes visitor wrote: “Lived here for 65 years, my first visit!”
All the visitors wrote of the friendliness and helpfulness of the Stewards and of being made welcome. Many commented on how well laid out the Museum was and the professionalism of the displays. The new Tony Giles exhibition was singled out for praise and, of course, mining and maritime history, and the Turtle were, as usual, appreciated. Children enjoyed the Cuckoo Hunt as mush as ever. Here is a selection of the comments:
- Magnificent morning in a fascinating museum, with enchanting history and super informative, friendly staff. Thank you so much.
- Fabulous artwork
- We enjoyed learning about Tony Giles and went to visit his house and spotted his railway in the garden
- Fun time had by little ones, searching for cuckoos
- Been a few times – so good that displays change
- My favourite artist of all times. Lovely to catch up with this new exhibition.
- Very interesting, especially after Roger Radcliffe’s superb talk
- Lots of mining history, which is one of my reasons for visiting
- The mining display is superb (from an ex miner)
- Interested in Hurling Ball (a visitor from Northern Ireland)
- A calm spot in a crazy world
- Lots of cool rubbings
- Wi-fi would be great (an Australian visitor)
- Well done to QAFVS winners
- Would like to know who the WWI sketch artist is. Great sketches.
Our overseas visitors came from 20 different countries. This year we have listed them all, with the numbers of visitors.
- Australia 58
- USA 51
- Germany 49
- France 22
- The Netherlands 18
- Canada 15
- New Zealand 9
- Norway, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden 5
- Ireland 4
- Turkey 3
- Denmark, Russia, Malta, Italy 2
- Antigua, Botswana, China 1